Saturday, November 27, 2010

Project Cho Chang: Self

Cho Chang first appeared in the third book, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and Harry first meets her while playing their team in Quidditch. Cho becomes Harry's first love interest. Weird. Personally I don't really like her character, J.K. Rowling made her too weak and depressed all the time, constantly pining over her ex-boyfriend turned vampire (I know, different franchises). I do like her house, Ravenclaw, however, and the fact that she's the only Chinese person in the book; therefore, no matter which character I attempted to dress up as, I would automatically be stereotyped as Cho Chang.



To get her look together, I striped a tie, made a wand, found a white, collared shirt, black cardigan, altered a black skirt, black tights, black flats, and cut my bangs.


In the bathroom, lame, I know. Time to fix that.


After some meticulous Paint work (no Photoshop), final look (sans wand).


HAHA, close.

Cho Chang is not in part one of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, but I'm hoping they'll bring her back for part two. She is suppose to make a cameo during the Hogwarts fight scene (in the book, anyways). Part one, however, was amazing. I was left there wishing they would continue the movie into part two, it's cruel they're making us wait another seven months.

I watched the movie twice, first at midnight the day of the premiere, to which my brother said, "I watched it 12 hours later, and it was the same." -____-

The second time, a few days later, we took pictures.




Sigh, the closest we'll ever be to meeting them.

My favourite moments in the movie:
  • Opening scenes of Hermione, Ron, and Harry that show the intensity of the situation.
  • Ron embracing Harry when they reunite at the Dursley's.
  • The seven Harrys polyjuice scene. Bravo Daniel Radcliffe.
  • Ron helping the others raise the tent. Whew.
  • Hermione and Ron's cute moments.
  • Harry and Ron arguing. Good acting. 
  • Hermione getting tortured. Not because she's getting hurt! But, because of Emma's acting, she needs an award.

Things I wished they included:
  • Harry and the Dursley's having a proper goodbye. I was looking forward to Dudley saying," I don't think you're a waste of space."
  • Was Mundungus even on Mad-eye Moody's broom??
  • The invisibility cloak
  • More polyjuice potion use
  • Emphasis on the "Voldemort" taboo
  • Lily's letter!
  • More Dumbledore family history

The ending of the movie was a bit abrupt. What a lot of reviews from other fans have been saying, and I can agree, was that they should have had Harry realize what the hallows were, and that his mission was to destroy the horcruxes, not to collect the hallows, all while they show Voldemort unearthing the elder wand. But why they probably didn't go that far was because they're saving that story for part two. Part one went through ~25 chapters, leaving ~10 chapters for part two, so they'll be needing that split missions story. Part one was just to show how dangerous the situation was, how alone the three were, and how the only instruction left by Dumbledore to destroy the horcruxes was affecting the three. Part two is about to be an epic finish. 

My emotions are up and down. I CAN'T WAIT, but then again I can, because once part two comes out it'll mean it's over. BITTERSWEET. In the mean time, I'll just be reading the books over and over again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment