First, I had to find the right blue, TARDIS blue.
Sketched out the gameplan. Lots of numbers were involved.
This was the hardest part, those door panels. If it weren't for these things, I would've made the cozy double sided.
The TARDIS was a little off in proportion, because it was for a phone, so the panels ended up being more square than rectangular.
Now to make the window panes. I used plastic, stablizer, and thread.
Embroidered the partitions.
Using the button-hole stitch, I sewed the two pieces of the cozy together.
I skipped a bunch of steps.. but here's what it looked like after gluing on a bunch of pieces.
And, the back.
Next, the sign.
It was pretty small.
So I scrapped the original black piece I had cut out, and started with a bigger piece. Made it easier to embroider.
Again, I skipped a bunch of steps. I glued the sign together and glued some more pieces to the body. The sign on the door was another difficult piece. Originally I wanted to print it onto interface and then iron it, but I couldn't find leftover interface. I used leftover stabilizer, and printed on that instead. It was very faint, so I had to enhance it a little by using a pencil. The sign wasn't very detailed, but you get the idea.
Ada's phone is bigger than an iPod.
Playing with my camera features.
Can't wait for the Doctor Who Christmas special! Happy holidays!