Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Roses

My Valentines goodies for this year. I wish I had more people to deliver to, but nobody is really around here in Pinole. So this year, I just made valentines for my la(i)nes, Alane and Elaine.

What's hotter than Victoria's Secret's undergarments? (aside from my ladies of course ;) ) I had a VS catalog lying around, and thought that the bright colored pages would make cute roses.


I started with a colorful page


Placed my template over the part I wanted



and cut into many squares.


Then I folded the squares into roses.


I don't like things going to waste. With my left over pages, pipe cleaners from Kevin, and glue, I made the stems.


I put glue on strips of paper and wrapped them around the pipe cleaners. Once dried, I painted them brown (I didn't have green, so I had to settle for brown stems), and cut them in half. It was a very messy process. 


I attached the stems to the roses


arranged a mini bouquet


And added tissue paper and ribbon.


and cookies


Happy Valentine's!

No comments:

Post a Comment