Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 01: Yourself

I know I said I would have this done sometime last week, but I ended up with other projects to work on (will post those later).


I have tried drawing a self portrait before in class, but that did not turn out very well, so I was kinda hesitant to start this one. I was going to draw this without using an eraser, and then give a spiel about how you shouldn't erase what's natural.... but I couldn't shake my perfectionist habits. (I did keep the erasing down to a minimum though) It's still not perfect, but I think I captured my likeness, and I believe that's important when drawing a portrait.



For this challenge, I picked a candid photo. I wanted something that showed my personality, and I think this photo captured my calm (or boring) nature. It was taken by a friend while we were at Stinson Beach last summer. hmm, I wonder what I was thinking about.

Next challenge: favorite animal

No comments:

Post a Comment