Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I've been wanting to make my dad some kind of iPod cozy. Not that he really needs one, but I just thought it would be cool and fun to make. Originally I had wanted to make him a Raider's one, but then the game mah jong crossed my mind.

My dad's Chinese name includes a character used on a mah jong tile, so I thought it would be cool to make that tile into an iPod cozy. Check out the mini tile, it's roughly 3/4 in. tall.


I bought green felt and red satin embroidery floss. I just learned about embroidery floss, and to think I've known how to embroider all along, but have been using regular sewing thread. Oh well, my motto has always been: do whatever works.


The beauty of embroidery floss is that the thread is thick so you don't have to double up like with sewing thread. However, the downside is that you have to separate the strands. So. Much. Tangling.


The outline itself looked pretty cool.


A few hours later.


 It's bit off center though. sigh.

I sewed the back and front together using the buttonhole stitch.


I also included some wallet sized photos, but failed to take a picture of the iPod cozy in use with an iPod.


I need to make myself one next.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DAD!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also did some surgery today. Mr. Froggy was missing an eye. I made him a new one by using white felt and black thread.


Eye surgery. I use to want to be an ophthalmologist.


Good as new.


Personally, I'd throw up if there were coins in my mouth.

Hmm, this post is very green, red and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment